People working in the building industry push their limits, both mentally and physically every day. Their mission is demanding, challenging and very often risky. Communication is vital and the way it’s handled is even more important. A regular smartphone, for instance, would just be another worry added to their task list.
That’s why rugged phones are the only devices built to take all their specific industry need into consideration.
Construction workers need phones that can take a beating, can be operated with gloves or wet hands, can be dropped without having the display shattered into pieces and STIL work as if nothing happened.
Besides the ruggedness, they can’t compromise on the smartness of their gadgets, that’s why, the new rugged smartphones are sturdy, robust while looking nice and sharp, ready to support all the up-to-date apps.
Rugged Outdoors Phone Features you should look for when you’re a construction worker:
- Resistance to shocks, drops, strong vibrations
- Operational in extreme temperatures
- Waterproof (water resistance)
- Dustproof (resistance to dust)
- Long life battery
- Ability to use with wet hands or with gloves
- Easy access to construction management apps, online platforms, online tools for field working, etc.
RugGear smartphones (such as RG730 and RG740) are designed to deliver all of the above, and much more.
- IP68: Waterproof: 30 Min. Up To 2 M, Impervious to dust and microparticles
- Operation Range: from -20 °C to 60 °C
- Loudspeaker: Amplified 3 Watt Loudspeaker with 100 DB
- MIL-STD 810G: special protection against falls, vibration, humidity, air pressure and temperature variations
- 5″ (11.43 Cm) Display with RugDisplay-Glass,
- Capacitive-Touchscreen with a resolution of 480 X 854 Pixel
- Near field communication.
- They can be used with a Push-To-Talk or Loneworker solution
- SOS-ready: button with emergency call function.